OFICIAL SECTION - SHORT FILMS
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION FICC52 - 2023
RULES FOR APPLICATION:
All the productions submitted shall be in accordance with the following rules:
- All the works made after 1st January 2022 can apply for the festival. Works that applied for the previous edition shall not be admitted.
- Short films can be submitted online via Movibeta: https://festival.movibeta.com/festivals/26
- If the original version of the short film is in other language different from Spanish, the film shall be submitted in its original version with Spanish subtitles.
- In case a short film in a language different than Spanish, with English subtitles only, is pre-selected, the filmmakers will have 10 days from the submission of their short film to include Spanish subtitles, after being notified. Notifications will take place in the last week of September. Any fee related to that adaptation will be the responsibility of the film makers. This will be a mandatory requirement to enter the final competition
- The shipping costs for the pre-selection shall be paid by the applicant.
- The winning authors shall be committed to incorporate at the beginning of their short film the corporate image of this competition -which shall be provided in digital form by the organization- making specific reference to the award won. Having done that, a copy of the film must be sent to the managing board of the festival in order for the film to be verified.
- The awards given by the Festival shall be subject to the winners attending the closing ceremony in order to collect the award. In exceptional circumstances, a representative collecting the award or sending a video of gratitude shall be accepted.
- The short films shall not be longer than 30 minutes, credits included, and the theme shall be of the applicant choice. For the competition, fiction short films, animated short films and documentary works will be accepted.
- The selected films will be screened at the festival headquarters during the celebration of FICC52, held between November 26 and December 2 of 2023. Should the festival cancel its 52th edition due to the current health crisis, this edition will be online. In that case, the short films will be displayed publicly on a safe platform, after communicating to the participants all the details regarding the screening.
The films shall be submitted before 8th September 2023
The selection of the works shall be carried out by a Committee of the organization. The result of that selection will be published in October.
The Festival Management shall have the selected works in their original form before 26th October, 2023, and they will be sent on a download link.
JURY AND AWARDS:
The Jury shall be appointed by the Organizing Committee and its decision will be unquestionable. Its members shall be committed to maintaining confidentiality about their decisions until the prizes have been officially awarded and the closing ceremony is over. The following prizes will be awarded:
- Official Jury: consisting of professionals in the film industry, culture and media.
- CARABELA DE PLATA “CIUDAD DE CARTAGENA” for BEST SHORT FILM, worth 3.000 euros.
- SUBMARINO PERAL AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTOR
- SUBMARINO PERAL AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMANCE
- SUBMARINO PERAL AWARD FOR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
- SUBMARINO PERAL AWARD FOR BEST SCRIPT
- PNR Jury: consisting of three members of the Organisation of New Producers (PNR in Spanish).
- PNR AWARD FOR BEST SPANISH SHORT FILM: a free year subscription to the PNR, with all the benefits resulting from being part of this organisation.
The Official Jury may give “ex-aequo” awards in cases considered special by the jury, except for the financial awards, in which case there shall be only one winner. The Official Jury may award the mentions that it believes convenient, as well as leave vacant as many prizes as it believes appropriate.
The cash prize shall be subject to the current withholding taxes and legal provisions that should apply, and it will be indivisible. The Carabela de Plata for Best Short Film shall be given to the producers of the film. Said producers shall give a copy of the short films awarded for them to be kept in the Festival archives.
The registration of a film in the Film Festival of Cartagena means the acceptance of the contest rules.
The Competition Executive Board shall resolve as it believes any eventuality unspecified in this regulation.